18 lasagna noodles
2 frozen pkg. of spinach
3 c. milk
6 tabs. wondra flour or cornstarch
1 small onion chopped
1lb. ground beef or turkey or cubed pieces of ham
1 1/2 tsp. of Italian seasonings
32 oz plain non fat or low fat yogurt
1 ¼ c. Parmesan cheese
2 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 ½ c. mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 375
1. Cook noodles according to the package directions, rinse and drain.
2. Cook spinach and drain. Set both noodles and spinach aside.
3. In a large saucepan combine milk, cornstarch (adding slowly) and onion. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly; After it bubbles, cook and stir two minutes more. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in yogurt.
5. Spread 6 tab. of sauce mixture evenly on the bottom of a large lasagna baking dish.
6. Add meat to the remaining sauce.
7. Place a layer of lasagna noodles and then a layer of sauce (division for layers is approx. 1/3)
8. Add a layer of spinach and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and 1/2 of mozzarella cheese. 9.Repeat #'s 7 and 8 again ending with 3rd row of noodles topped with sauce and mozzarella cheese
10. Bake 40 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
Note: I found the original recipe for this in "Light cooking," It is intended to be low calorie but I won't vouch for that, it certainly does not taste low calorie. I've never had white lasagna I liked until I tried this one.