- 2 cans of baked beans (prepared baked beans)
- 1 can red kidney
- 1 can black bean
- 1 can pinto bean
- 1can butter bean
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c molasses (I like dark Karo)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 1 Tbs chopped onion
- 1 c boiling water (only if you are baking the beans in the oven)
- 1/2 lb. piece of cooked ham (optional)
- 1 lb. cut up bacon or more....
Cook the bacon in a sauce pot or frying pan, pour off grease and pour into crock pot or baking pan Add cooked ham,
Add all of the beans at once.
Combine salt, sugar, molasses, bay leaf, mustard, onion and add to beans.
Let cook in crock pot for several hours
This recipe can also be made in a crock pot or placed in a baking dish and baked
for 45 min. If baked- pour the water over the top of the beans right before they go into the oven.