Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baked Corn

I experienced a great baked corn dish while out to dinner with my husband. It took a long time of trial and error but this is what I finally found that comes very close to matching it. I've changed things a bit to suit my own tastes. This is a must try recipe.


  • 2 tbs butter (do not use margarine)
  • 1 1/2 tsp flour (I use wondra flour)
  • 1 c milk (you can use regular milk, I prefer to use can milk because it is thicker)
  • 2 c cooked corn
  • 1 1/2 tbs sugar
  • 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 2 eggs

  • Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the flour - mix well
  • Add your milk gradually a little at a time and bring to the boiling point, stirring constantly
  • Add corn, salt and pepper. Allow it to cook for 3 min more and then remove from heat
  • Add well beaten eggs and pour in a greased baking dish. Bake 350 for 25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment