2 envelopes of Dream Whip
1 c. cold milk
1 tsp. vanilla
18 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
2 cans of dark pitted sweet cherries drained
1 quart large strawberries sliced
2 angel food cakes cut in thin slices
1. Mix Dream Whip with milk and vanilla according to package.
2. Soften cream cheese and gradually add powdered sugar and Dream Whip.
3. Beat until smooth
4. Spread thin layer of mixture over bottom of pan.
5. Alternate layers beginning with cake and ending with the whipped mixture. Two or three layers is sufficient.
6. Top with cherries or strawberries
Note: This is a fantastic no bake recipe (buy the cake pre-made in any grocery store)
When copying this recipe over to this blog I had a difficult time reading the words because the recipe card is peeled, faded and tearing.
This has been a New Years Day traditional desert in my family. I have in fact only ever given this recipe to one very good friend.