Thursday, February 12, 2009

Banana Graham Cracker Cake (no bake)

This is one of the most delicious and easiest no bake cakes you could ever make. It's always a hit wherever I take it.

1. Place a layer of whole (not crushed) graham cracker on the bottom of a 13 x 9 cake pan
2. Add a layer of sliced (long ways) bananas over the graham cracker

3. Alternate these two layers ending with graham cracker. I usually only end up with two or three layers.

4. Spread a butter cream icing over the top layer generously. Refrigerate over night.

Butter cream icing

Ingredients:
1/2 c. solid vegetable shortening
1/2 c. (1 stick) butter or margarine softened (1 c. of butter or margarine can be used if you'd rather not use the shortening
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 c. sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
2 tbs. milk

In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.

Note: Your cake will slice as nicely as any other cake would

0 comments:

Post a Comment

More Recipes

About Me

My Photo
I am a daughter, sister, mother, wife, grandmother and so much more. I love my family of five children and eight grandchildren with all of my heart. I have years of experience cooking meals both large and small on a good budget and on a practically nonexistent one. I believe in family around the table at dinner time with the TV off and the conversation on. The recipes posted are true and tried. Many are mine alone or they have come through the family and some I have no idea where I got them. I am not posting my recipes in competition to anyone else on the web. This is simply one way for me to archive for myself my family and friends. I am pleased if you find something you like and can use in your own home. I do appreciate hearing from you. If you've tried any of my recipes and like it or even if you found a problem with one, please let me know in the comment section. Thank you, lexi

Followers